Transfer Applicants


ApplicationCommon App
$70 App Fee or Fee
Waiver Request
Two Required
English Language TestRequired for Non-Native English Speakers


  • A transfer applicant must have earned a high school diploma or GED and completed one or more semesters or two or more quarters of college credit.
  • You can transfer a maximum of 64 semester units or 96 quarter units from a community college.
  • Transfer students should complete any first-year writing courses required at their current institution prior to enrollment at Pitzer.
  • Matriculated transfer students must complete at least two years of study at Pitzer in order to earn a Pitzer College degree.
  • If you are 23 years of age or older, consider applying to Pitzer as a New Resources student.


  • The Admission Committee will pay particular attention to work done in college courses.
  • Students transferring from two year colleges before completion of an Associates degree are strongly suggested to take courses from a broad range of subjects including the humanities, math, social science and science.
  • California community college students are encouraged to complete courses within the Inter-Segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC). Find out more about IGETC from the counseling center at your community college. The Pitzer Office of Admission can assistance in planning your course schedule.



Academic Recommendations

  • Two recommendations from college professors (or teaching assistants) are required.
  • Recommendations should be submitted electronically through the Common Application website: You can recommender can submit their recommendation through the Common Application website or email/mail their recommendation to
  • All recommendation letters must be sent to our office directly by the recommender.

College Report

  • Download the College Report here or from the Common Application website
  • The Report should be completed by a college official with access to your full academic and disciplinary record (i.e. Dean, Advisor or Registrar). Not currently enrolled? The report should come from your most recently attended college or university.
  • The college official should email the completed report to or you may send it in to our office in a sealed envelope.

Official Transcripts

  • All colleges/universities you have attended must send an official copy of your transcript to the Office of Admission either by mail or to at least four weeks in advance of the admission deadline.
  • You must submit your high school transcript if you have completed less than 32 semester credits or 48 quarter credits by the time you submit your application. You may email an official copy of your high school transcript to

International Applicants

  • Pitzer requires the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) from students whose native language is not English.
  • If required, a minimum score of 100 IBT or 7 IELTS is required for regular admission. Students must submit official scores for consideration.
  • Students who have studied in an English-speaking curriculum for 4 or more years may apply for a testing waiver. Click here to find out how to request Pitzer’s English Language Test . Only waiver requests from applicants will be reviewed.
  • For more information about applying as an international student, please click here.