PITZER’S GOVERNANCE SYSTEM IS ONE OF THE MOST DISTINCT AND STUDENT-FOCUSED IN AMERICAN HIGHER EDUCATION.
国产偷拍视频According to Pitzer bylaws, every college committee must have at least one Pitzer student as a full voting member. That means student representatives have a voice in making decisions about the future of the college, including everything from academic policies and faculty and staff hiring to public art displays and building design.
A short list of recent student-led policy efforts and involvements.
- The first college in California to divest its endowment from fossil fuel stocks.
- Adoption of campus-wide gender neutral residence halls and bathrooms.
- Design of new residence hall: Atherton, East, Pitzer, Sanborn and West.
- Campus-wide plastic water bottle ban.
- Recognition of Indigenous Peoples’ Day.
- Assisting in the selection of Dr. Melvin Oliver, the first African-American Pitzer President.